It's grilling season! Is your grill clean, safe and in the right place?
• The grill should be placed three feet away from your home in open areas that is away from overhanging branches, balconies, and dry leaves.
• Avoid high traffic areas and always barbecue in a well-ventilated area.
• Use barbecue utensils with long handles (forks, tongs, etc.) to avoid burns and splatters.
• Keep grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
• Consider placing a grill pad or splatter mat beneath your grill.
• Let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.