1. Why did you become a firefighter?
The job of a professional firefighter is very dynamic. I enjoy the schedule as well as the daily duties that range from EMS to fire suppression. The camaraderie that you have with your fellow firefighters is truly unique to the fire service and one that I truly enjoy.
2. How long have you been with the District?
I have been with CCFR since 2013.
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
My favorite part of the job is getting face to face with the public. Making a difference in people's lives; hopefully for the better.
4. What do you like to do outside of work?
Being a Dad is one of my favorite things outside of work.
5. What would people be surprised to know about you?
Snakes frighten me.
6. Describe a typical day at the firehouse:
A typical day in the firehouse begins with our 7 a.m. shift change. We check our gear and the truck to make sure our equipment is in working order. Afterwards, we typically finish house chores (if needed). We often have some training to do which normally takes us into the afternoon hours. Our daily timeline is subject to change and it often depends on the emergency calls that come in.
7. What are two things about you job that people would surprise non-firefighters?
We work 48 hour shifts. How much our gear, tank and helmet actually weighs is usually surprising to people.