1. Why did you become a firefighter?
My twin brother volunteered in Saint Peters for a few years before he got a job in southeastern Missouri. I saw how much he enjoyed it, so when he left the area I thought I would give it a try. Now, I can’t imagine doing anything else.
2. How long have you been with the District?
I have been with the District for 18 years; fourteen as a paid firefighter, and four as a volunteer.
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
My favorite part of the job is working in the community that I grew up in. My family has lived in Saint Peters since 1978.
4. What do you like to do outside of work?
I like to do things with my family. We like to camp and the kids are into various sports.
5. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I have a twin brother who is also a firefighter.
6. What are two things about your job that would surprise non-firefighters?
I think one thing that would surprise people is the stuff we have to see and deal with. I have told some stories that just make people cringe and say how do you deal with that. Another thing would be how hot and heavy the gear we have to wear is. People can’t believe it when I tell them about it or when they try on my gear.