1. Why did you become a firefighter?
I had a strong desire to give back to the community that I grew up in, and it was a good fit for me mentally and physically that allows me to excel.
2. How long have you been with the District?
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
The diversity. The job can be very routine, and then change at a moment's notice to a fast hectic pace with very real consequences for all involved.
4. What do you like to do outside of work?
I enjoy spending time with my family and kids' events.
5. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I served in the Armed forces for 26 years
6. Describe a typical day at the firehouse.
Lining out the days activities for six engine houses. I also help with team building with the crews and assisting them all in reaching their goals in the fire service to whatever level they might aspire to obtain both mentally and physically.
7. What are two things about your job that people would surprise non-firefighters?
The amount of hours we work and the amount of time it takes to stay current with training and education to be the best you can be.