Neighboring Districts Resources

A number of local fire districts border CCFR. The districts often work together to provide emergency services to the area’s residents.

Augusta Community Volunteer Fire Department

Augusta Community Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects 1800 people living in an area of 77 square miles. We operate out of 2 stations that protect a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.

Central County Fire & Rescue

The Central County Fire and Rescue Fire Protection District (CCFR) was organized in 1998 by the consolidation of the St. Peters and St. Charles Fire Protection Districts. Central County Fire and Rescue currently provides emergency services to approximately 90,000 residents in a 72 square mile area. Six stations are staffed by full-time firefighters 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cottleville Community Fire Protection District

The Cottleville Community Fire Protection District has proudly served the residents of Cottleville, Dardenne Prairie, O’Fallon, St. Peters and unincorporated portions of St. Charles County since 1908. The district operates 4 engine houses which are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by full time paid firefighters. The district typically responds to about 2700 calls for emergency service annually. Our district covers a little over 35 square miles and protects a population of over 40,000 residents.

Lake St. Louis Fire Protection District

The Lake Saint Louis Fire Protection District is located in the heart of St. Charles County, Missouri, near the intersection of Interstate 70 and Highway 40/61. We cover a response area of approximately 7 square miles and protect a population of about 12,000 persons. We are a combination department comprised primarily of volunteers with a small career staff. Presently we have 26 Traditional Volunteer Firefighters, 21 Reserve Volunteer Firefighters, a career staff of 7, and a part-time Fire Inspector, Administrative Assistant, Recording Secretary, Accountant and Attorney. Three elected Directors oversee the Fire District Board.

New Melle Fire Protection District

The New Melle Fire Protection District (NMFPD) was organized over 50 years ago as an all-volunteer department. Currently responsible for protecting 121 square miles, it is the largest geographic FPD in all of St. Charles County. It has three fire stations: Station 1 (main) on Mill Street/Hwy Z near Hwy D, Station 2 on Hwy D at Hwy DD, and Station 3 on Borgman Road off Highway T, near the entrance of the Lake Sherwood development.

O’Fallon Fire Protection District

The O’Fallon Fire Protection District was first formed in 1906 as the O’Fallon Volunteer Fire Department. In the early years the City of O’Fallon financed the fire department. Sometime shortly after World War II, the fire department was reorganized and became a separate entity from the City of O’Fallon and became a subscription fire department. Subscription fire department characteristically sell fire tags that are hung on a home or the main building of a farm complex and identifies you as a member of the fire department entitled to fire protection as a member. By the late 1960’s it became clear that this funding mechanism was not adequate. In June of 1970, the citizens in the area surrounding O’Fallon were asked to endorse a fire protection district by a vote of the people. The issue passed and we became the O’Fallon Fire Protection District.

St. Charles Fire Department

The St. Charles Fire Department was established in 1861 and has a proud tradition of service to the community. The St. Charles Fire Department covers approximately 25 square miles and serves a population of approximately 65,000 people. The St. Charles Fire Department has 80 uniformed employees and a clerical staff of 4 employees. We operate from five firehouses and responded to 6,985 calls for service in 2005. In addition to fire suppression, the St. Charles Fire Department provides emergency medical services, hazardous material response, technical rescue, water and dive rescue, fire prevention and fire education programs to name a few.

Wentzville Fire Protection District

The Wentzville Fire Protection District was originally formed as the Wentzville Volunteer Fire Department in 1928. During the early 1940’s, a committee was formed to send out letters to the public to solicit funds for a new pumper and equipment. In the early years, a variety of fundraisers such as baseball/softball tournaments and plays put on by the volunteers also served to keep the volunteer department running. There was also a voluntary public fire tag subscription system. In 1959, the first fire station was built to house the offices and trucks of the department. This station #1 still remains the District Headquarters and Fire Station #1 today.