It has probably been a while since you checked your smoke detectors. Life is busy, and sometimes things, like checking your smoke detectors, get lost in the shuffle. But, unlike some other household chores, smoke detectors can save the life of you, your family and your pets.
Smoke Detector Check List
If you are home right now, go and push the test button on each of your smoke detectors. If not, make sure to check them when you get home today.
Did they all beep?
- If not, change the batteries immediately. If they are still not working contact CCFR for a free smoke detector check.
- If they do beep and you have not changed the batteries in six-months it’s time to do so as soon as possible.
Can you reach all of them to test if they are working?
- If not, contact CCFR for a free smoke detector check. We have the equipment to test and replace these at no cost to you.
Are they older than ten-years old?
- If so, it is time for a replacement.
Do you have one inside each bedroom, outside each sleeping area, and on each level of your home, including the basement?
- If not, you should install additional smoke detectors.