CCFR offers a variety of community safety and education programs.
Proper fitting of bicycle helmets for children and adults by specially trained firefighters
- Fire truck display and safety information for neighborhood events
Citizen Fire Academy
- Learn and experience what it is like to be a CCFR firefighter during this hands-on, eight-week course on Wednesday evenings beginning Sept. 9, 2015. Participants must live within the CCFR district, bet at least 21 years old, provide proof of health insurance and sign a waiver release. A $25 administration fee helps cover the costs of the program; the course will only be held if the minimum number of participants sign up. Interested individuals should email engineer Brian Beasley or call him at (636) 970-9700.
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Receive special training to enhance the ability to recognize, respond to, and recover from a major emergency or disaster situation
Child Safety Seats
- Assistance with child safety seat installation by certified technicians
- The community outreach team provides assistance to the community during times of need and assists with educating the community about fire and emergency prevention.
- A special porch light adapter or switch that becomes a flashing beacon to help emergency responders quickly find your residence, free for many CCFR residents
Fire Extinguisher Training
- Instruction on how to properly handle a fire extinguisher and emergency situations
Group Safety Presentations
- Firefighters speak about a variety of safety topics to school groups, Boy and Girl Scouts, day care facilities, businesses and other community groups
Rapid Assistance for Citizens in an Emergency (RACE)
- Helps identify residents with special needs who may require extra assistance in an emergency. For for more information, click here.
- If a young person needs help for any reason, he or she can go to any business displaying the yellow and black Safe Place sign.
Smoke Detector Installation
- Smoke detector installation and inspection
- Tour the stations and learn more about CCFR
Training and Speakers
- If you have a group that is interested in fire and emergency safety training CCFR can provide a speaker.