Fire isn’t the only thing parents have to worry about on Halloween night. Here are a few of our other tips to help your family have a safe and happy Halloween weekend!
- Children should always go trick-or-treating with a responsible adult.
- If you are not going trick-or-treating with your children, make sure you know what streets they will be visiting. Provide a cell phone so they can check in with you.
- Provide children with flashlights to carry or use glow sticks as part of their costume.
- Remind children to stay together as a group and walk from house to house.
- Make trick-or-treating a “no running” game so they will not fall while having fun.
- Review how to cross a street with your child. Look left, right and left again to be sure no cars are approaching before crossing the street.
- Decide the time your children will go out trick-or-treating and what time they will return home.
- Make a rule that children will not eat any treat until it has been brought home and examined by a grown-up.