Thursday, April 30 is National PrepareAthon Day! Join friends and family and take action to prepare for earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires and winter storms.
You never know when or where a natural disaster might strike. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has put together some great resources on how you can prepare for unavoidable emergencies.
Here are 10 things you can do to participate:
- Access alerts and warnings.
- Test communication plans.
- Assemble or update emergency supplies.
- Practice “in case of emergency” drills.
- Plan with neighbors.
- Participate in a class, training or discussion.
- Conduct a training exercise.
- Make your property safer.
- Document and insure personal property.
- Safeguard important documents.
For more ideas and information, please visit FEMA’s website.