As a lifelong resident of St. Peters and treasurer of the CCFR Board of Directors, Patricia Hamm is dedicated to ensuring the District’s tax dollars are used efficiently and effectively to keep the community safe. “The Fire District is the community’s toolbox, ready to respond no matter what the emergency,” Hamm says. “As a board […]
Look around an emergency scene and you’ll notice a sense of organized chaos. Firefighters work to put out the flames, while police officers help secure the area and paramedics tend to the victims. In our area, you will also observe a team of volunteers working to support these first responders and help victims get back […]
Do You Have Copper or Aluminum Wiring? The Difference Matters. Tasked with updating those ancient light switches in the kitchen? Standing in front of the hundreds of options available at the home improvement store, you narrow it down to two choices — one is $4, the other is 75 cents. But if you don’t know […]
When Central County Fire & Rescue crews arrived on the scene of a house fire on Plum Leaf Circle in St. Peters at 11:55 p.m. Monday, they were relieved to find the family and their pets standing safely on the driveway as flames billowed from the rooftop. Knowing that everyone was safely accounted for, the […]
It only takes a second. On Monday afternoon, Central County Fire & Rescue received a call for a grease fire at a home on Trailview Avenue in St. Peters. When firefighters arrived, the fire had been extinguished, but they checked the scene to ensure the fire did not spread into the walls or ceiling, and […]
Firefighters Remind Residents To Properly Dispose of Ashes When Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) firefighters arrived on the scene of a house fire in the 2200 block of Delaware Drive in unincorporated St. Charles County around 6:50 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 26, they found the rear of the home and the deck engulfed in […]
The Central County Community Outreach program is an independent non-profit organization of off-duty firefighters who provide assistance to the community during times of need and help educate the community about fire and emergency prevention. Here are some of the ways they served the community in 2019.
A candle left burning after a St. Peters resident went to bed resulted in a condominium fire in St. Peters on Thursday evening. The resident escaped, but was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation treatment. It is estimated there is $100,000 in fire and water damage to the home in the 300 […]