Awards - Central County Fire & Rescue


St. Peters Residents, CCFR Firefighters Recognized For Life Saving Efforts


Click here to see photos of the awards ceremony on CCFR’s Facebook page.

The Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) Board of Directors presented the Medal of Valor to three firefighters, and an Award of Recognition to two St. Peters residents at its meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 6 p.m., at CCFR Fire Station #1, 1 Timberbrook Dr., St. Peters, MO 63376.

St. Peters residents Mark and Angie Davidson received the Award of Recognition for their quick reaction to a condominium fire on Sept. 9. at 4:30 a.m. that morning they were on their usual morning jog when they noticed a fire on the deck of a first floor condominium at 1391 Forest Creek Dr. The two immediately jumped into action, Mark began knocking on doors and ringing doorbells to warn residents of the six-unit, two-story complex, while Angie called 911, alerting emergency responders of the fire.

“Without their quick response it would have been a different situation when we arrived on the scene. As with many fires, this one grew quickly and seconds made a difference in the condominium residents getting out, and our crews being there before the flames spread,” says CCFR Chief Russ Mason.

When emergency responders arrived on the scene there was a small fire on a deck, next to an exterior wall. As the crews began deploying their fire hose the fire grew, engulfing the wall and reaching the roof. Everyone in the building was safely evacuated, and the blaze was extinguished.

Acting CCFR Captain Jason Meinershagen, Acting CCFR Engineer James Hill and CCFR Firefighter Tim O’Mara recieved the Medal of Valor. When this team arrived on the scene of a house fire on Dec. 27, 2013 no one was responding to knocks at the front door. Upon entering and conducting their search for victims, the team found a 35-year-old female in a back living room, incoherent and unaware of the fire. They assisted her out of the building, where St. Charles County Ambulance District Paramedics transported her to a local hospital.

“When our crews entered the home they encountered smoke filled rooms and hallways. Without their well-performed search and rescue this may have had a different outcome for this local resident,” says Mason. “We are fortunate to have residents and firefighters like those being recognized to help keep our community safe.”