Served Since 2007
1. Why did you become a firefighter?
It was not until after I graduated with a degree in finance that I realized that I was not best suited for a career behind a desk. From that moment on I started on working towards becoming a firefighter.
2. How long have you been with the District?
Since March 2007.
3. What is your favorite part of the job?
I enjoy the camaraderie of working with the other guys on the truck and the gratification of being put in a position to help those in their time of need.
4. What do you like to do outside of work?
I like to spend time with my family and being active outdoors.
5. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I have lived in both Australia and Alaska.
6. Describe a typical day at the firehouse.
One of the aspects that I like about the job is that there really is no such thing as a typical day at the firehouse. You never know what the day will bring you or what you can end up doing.
7. What are two things about your job that people would surprise non-firefighters?
- I think people would be surprised at the amount of classes we continue to take and how much continual education the job requires.
- People would be surprised at how different the conditions are in an actual fire compared to what they see on tv or in the movies. The lack of visibility alone makes simple tasks much more difficult.