News - Page 2 of 23 - Central County Fire & Rescue

Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) firefighter/paramedic Chris Jones has been promoted to Deputy Chief Instructor with the St. Louis County Fire Academy.


Dreaming of your next vacation? Thinking of staying in a vacation rental (ie. Airbnb, VRBO, etc.) instead of a hotel? Before you make your reservations, make sure you read this first! A 2018 study published in the journal Injury Prevention found that many Airbnb properties lack basic fire safety features. According to the study, 20 […]


It’s time to spring forward and set your clocks one hour ahead — Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 10! The changing of your clocks is a great time to take a few moments to check the batteries in your home’s smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Taking a few simple steps this weekend […]


Join us Saturday, April 20 for a FREE Easter Hunt at Fort Zumwalt East High School!   The event is free, but participants are welcome to make donations to our event sponsor, Central County Community Outreach. Saturday, April 20, 2019 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fort Zumwalt East High School 600 First Executive Ave. St. […]


A mud volleyball tournament hosted by Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) Community Outreach last summer raised $2,500 for the Disabled Athletes Sports Association, a St. Peters-based nonprofit that promotes adaptive sports and activities to those with physical, visual, and hearing disabilities.


Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) congratulates Capt. Thomas Wylie and firefighter/paramedics Justin Crady and Kenton Rogers, who recently received fire safety commendation medals and certificates from the Fernando de Leyba Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution of Eastern Missouri. Chapter president Marvin Koechig spoke at the organization’s January meeting about a call […]


What started the fire? New fire investigators from around the state are being trained in St. Charles County this week.


In the past, Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) would have to deploy traditional fire trucks during a weather emergency. But now, there is a new option.


When the residents of a St. Charles apartment complex went to sleep Sunday, they never imagined they would be awakened by their smoke alarms and their living room ablaze in the middle of the night. The cause? A candle left burning into the night.